Changes to our parking facilities
Up to 4 Hours FREE Parking
Abbey Centre will introduce an ANPR parking solution February 2018 which will be run by Smart Parking Ltd, a specialist car parking solutions company. You can still park at Abbey Centre for free, for up to a period of four hours. If you wish to park and shop for a longer period of time, simply park in the designated Long Stay Car Park, located at Car Park C Level 2 and 3 and pay a nominal fee of £1.50 per day.
The proposed system will alleviate the pressure on existing spaces for our customers, with the installation of the ANPR system being part of proposed wider car park improvement works designed to:
- Improve customer experience
- Make the car parks more user friendly with an increased turnover of car parking spaces enabling more customers to visit the shopping centre
- Improve traffic flow and movement of vehicles around the car parks
- Improve ambience with strategic landscaping
- Increase the number of parent & child and disabled spaces
- Improve environmental sustainability with the addition of bicycle racks and digitally displayed public transport information
Centre Manager, Mark Stewart said; ’We have listened to our shoppers and are aware of the car park congestion issues, especially around holiday periods. ANPR parking solutions are very commonplace in shopping centres throughout NI. The car park solution will free up spaces quicker making it easier for our shoppers to find a spot. The proposed wider car park improvements will result in a safer, greener environment for all of our road users.’
Abbey Centre ANPR System
A Step-by-Step Guide
- If you anticipate that your visit to Abbey Centre will be for four hours or less please park in any of the car parks in the usual way.
- If you wish to park and shop for a 4 hour plus period of time, then simply park in the designated long stay car park located at Car Park C, levels 2 and 3.
- 198 dedicated long stay parking spaces are available – operational on a first come, first serve basis.
- You pay a nominal fee of £1.50, either upon entry or before leaving. Parking payment machines are located at car park C, levels 2 and 3.
- Please note that exact change is required. The pay stations will not issue change and do not accept card payments.
- Please take note of your vehicle registration number as this must be entered carefully upon payment.
- There is a cashless option available to pay for your long stay parking using the Parkmobile app. Simply register, download the app and pay as you park.
- Duration of your stay is calculated by the ANPR cameras from the point of entry, to the point of exit.
- Long Stay Parking regulations apply 24 hours per day, Monday – Sunday. Disabled concessions do not apply.
- A free four hour limit on the other car parks remains with a 90 minutes “No Return” policy.
- Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions will result in a parking charge of £100. The parking charge notice will be reduced to £60 if paid within 14 days of date of issue of the notice.
- Parking Charge Notices issued by Smart Parking are legally enforceable.
- Centre Management reserve the right of admission.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.